Skip to content
How to Use Gmail To Connect To Another Email Account (POP or IMAP)
- Open up your Gmail or Google Apps account.
- Click Settings (gear icon, upper-right).
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Click Add another email address.
- In the window that pops up:
- Type in the Email address you want to connect to.
Optional: Treat as an Alias can be specified, if desired. More
Optional: Reply-to address can also be specified, if desired.
- Click Next Step.
- Type in the Password for the email address you want to connect to.
- Be sure SMTP Server: is set correctly based on your account’s settings
- Set Port and other settings as desired.
- Click Next Step
- Either Click on the link in the confirmation email OR Enter and verify the confirmation code and click Verify.
- You will then be asked to confirm sending mail as email@example.com.
- Click Confirm